Although our headquarters are in Provo, we have chapters and members all over the world. Conferences are what bring us together - to see old friends, make new connections, and learn and grow from one another. The annual leadership conference brings all chapter leaders to BYU for two days for professional presentations, chapter training, and working with the steering committee to focus on our goals for the upcoming year. Regional conferences operate on a local level, bringing neighboring chapters together to share resources and learn from local business leaders.
2018 Women in Business Conference - March 30, 2018
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Katrina Lantos Swett, "Women of Vision"
Breakout Session Recordings
- Candace Kay Andersen, "Women in Politics: Making a Difference, Shaping our Future"
- Bonnie Anderson, "Thriving in a Male-Dominated Field"
- Jennifer Anderson, "Personal Brand: Foundation to Your Successful Career"
- Elizabeth A. Clark, "Religious Freedom: The Power of Women of Faith"
- Gayla M. Sorenson, "The Value of Education: Learn Why the World Wags and What Wags It"
- Lori Wadsworth, "Managing Work-Life Integration"
2017 Annual Leadership Conference - September 28-29, 2017
- Lee Perry - Looking Ahead at the BYU Management Society
- BYU Management Society Chapter Awards
- Rixa Oman - The Power of Why
- Chapter Leader Planner
- Why BYU Management Society Pamphlet
- BYU Management Society Celebrating 40 Years
- Angie Johnson - Building an Enduring Chapter
- Leighton Bascom - Growing a chapter via working with Church Leadership
- Scott Pann - Developing a YSA Career Engagement Program
- Troy Romero - Selling the Benefits of BYU Management Society
- Bill Chapman - Getting to the "Next Stage" in your Chapter's Development - Educate, Motivate, & Inspire
- Stephen Kron - Getting to the "Next Stage" in your Chapter's Development - Central Ohio Sucess Story
2016 UK and Europe Conference - November 11-12, 2016
2016 Annual Leadership Conference - Sept 29-30, 2016
- Chapter Leader Planner
- Maintaining Momentum Worksheet
- Mark Romney - Advisory Boards
- Power Drills and Critical Question
- Troy Romero - Identifying Your Why
- Eric DeRosia - Surveys
2015 Annual Leadership Conference - Oct 1-2, 2015
- 2015 Deans Chapter Awards
- Where We've Been and Where We're Going
- Catch the Vision: Creating a Powerful Vision Statement
- BYUMS Code of Ethics
- Steve Shallenberger - "The Becoming Your Best Challenge" - handout
- Steve Shallenberger - "The Becoming Your Best Challenge" - presentation
- Ron McMillan - "Crucial Conversations"
- Professor Jeffrey Thompson - "Finding Your Calling"
- Kim Cameron - "Positive Leadership"
- Working with Church Public Affairs
2015 Africa Region Leadership Conference -Accra, Ghana, March 26-28. See website, flyer, and agenda.
2015 Asia Region Leadership Conference - Taipei, April 24-25.
Go to: www.byumsasia.org
2014 Annual Leadership Conference (October 2-3, 2014)
- Chapter Awards
- Best Year Yet for Chapters: Accountability, Action Accelerator, Bend Curve, Confidence System, Focus Areas, Game Plan, Frustration Breakthrough, Insights, Strategy Circle.
- Benson Award Address (Word and PPT), Helena Hannonen
- Political Neutrality
- Coordination with Constituent Groups
- Breakout: Leadership
- Breakout: Activities and Programming
- Breakout: Social Media Strategy Presentation, Social Media Communication Guide Example
- Breakout: International Activities and Programming
- Breakout: Service and Scholarships - Pathway Program Partnership Evaluation / Pathway Fall 2014 Fact Sheet
- Breakout: International Leadership
- Keynote Speaker: Essentialism, Greg McKeown
- Keynote Speakers: Team of Leaders, Paul Gustavson and Stewart Liff
- Keynote Speaker: Ethical Challenges of a BYUMS Leader, Brad Agle
- Keynote Speaker: Religious Freedom and Business, Brian Grim
- 2015 Goals Set by Chapters Based on Chapter of Excellence Categories
2014 UK and Europe Conference - June 7, 2014
2014 Latin America Leadership Conference (May 2014)
2013 Annual Leadership Conference (October 3-4)
- Young Professionals, Jarem Hallows
- Small Chapters - Helena Hannonen
- International Chapters - Helena Hannonen
- Working with Church Leaders - LDS Mentors - Ken Gibson, John Deighton
- Just for Presidents - Troy Romero
- Scholarships - Trina Bray
- Creating and Growing a Successful Women's Group - Shannon Hiller
- Service and Value to the Community - Paul Abamonte
- Essentials of Chapter Management - Ron Gardner
- Growing Membership - Troy Romero
- Planning a Chapter Calendar - Seth Ayim
- Four Social Media Strategies - Vicki Huebner
- LDS Social Media - David Preece
- Innovative Leadership - Matt Schultz
- Planning Large Scale Events - Ken Gibson, Brian Dixon
- Finding Speakers - Mark Romney, Helena Hannonen